Want to work with us?
If you love our offerings and are passionate about creating high quality drinks, send your resume to email@example.com. Include a note about yourself, your interest in barista life and why you want to work at Roast.
All our baristas receive extensive training and a variety of perks like unlimited drinks while you are working and a steep discount when you are not. Our pay is competitive and we offer paid and sick time off.
What we look for in our baristas:
- Experience -- While barista experience is a major plus, other relevant experience is good to have such as experience as a food handler or bus person or behind a register.
- Availability -- Weekends are a must for all employees. We use a tool called When I Work to schedule shifts and request time off. Schedules are posted about a week prior and Baristas are expected to arrive on time to every shift.
- Attitude -- We want people who care about quality, service and consistency. We appreciate an eye for details and a passion for constant improvement.
- Physical Labor -- Making drinks is only part of the job. At Roast, a barista's day includes taking out the garbage, washing dishes, and cleaning the bathrooms. Running several gallons of milk up the stairs is a daily activity as is breaking down cardboard and stocking deliveries.
- Adaptability and Communication -- From recipes to workflow, things change at Roast quickly. We use a tool called Slack to stay in touch. We expect you be keep up to date at the start of each shift and notify the team when things need attention like supplies are low, equipment needs maintenance or you woke up feeling sick.